Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Farmhouse Style

My husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Vermont this year with dear friends who had grew up there.  They showed us how simple and beautiful life was living in Vermont in a small town.  I'll never forget its charm and beauty.  So when I came across the book New Farmhouse Style - I was taken.  I love how the book honors family traditions and the simple qualities in life.













all images via New Farmhouse Style

"While tradition" is valued in our society, "traditional" is challenged and often ignored.  Woods show that it is possible to both respect and reinvent heirlooms, antiques, and other treasured possessions.  Grandmother's ladder-back chair deserves the treatment of fine art, so why should it not hang on the wall?  An old chicken feeder from the barn realizes new potential as a stylish plate rack.  Old windows come inside, while old doors adorn the garden.

~ Terry John Woods' 
New Farmhouse Style

Less is always more...







11 comments:

  1. So beautiful, you captured the essence so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmhouse style is so welcoming.. I loved the distressed table and the jug of hydrangeas... So divine.. Gorgeous Colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his style. Such a great eye. He also has a blog which is listed on my sidebar!

    best,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely my favourite style. Finding the beauty in everyday, simple things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of seeing your photos. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks so peaceful and in all honesty you don't see much of the old traditional look in New England any more...shame too since it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, desiree. you always read my mind. i cannot push farmhouse style out of my thoughts these days. it is so comforting and simply lovely. a beachy swedish farmhouse is what i am striving for, and because i am not a designer it is taking much longer to achieve than i would like!!

    love to you friend.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chest in that second phots is delicious. I love this casual rustic style. Love your blog too. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Desiree~

    What beautiful pictures. I love Farmhouse Style and I know I will love this book too!!I really want some white painted hardwood floors:)
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is the grey stripped chair from? Please let us know, I am decorating my living room now and wood love to have this chair. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inspiration. I recently purchased a big wooden table in a similiar style here https://www.pib-home.co.uk/bohoshabbychic/en/tables-dining_table_amadeo-0351251 and what can I say? Even though it was kind of expensice, it was the best decision ever. I love that my whole family can gather around it, and finally there is enough room for everybody!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...